Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16, 2010

Today is 26 weeks for me and I've been inpatient for 1 week and 2 days. I almost can't believe that its been over a week, however time seems to be slowing down considerably. Thus, I'm thinking that becoming a blogger may occupy some time :) Things are starting to straighten out, finally, the beginning of the stay was a bit crazy. When I came in to be admitted, it seemed like they didn't know I was coming. No one was at the admissions desk, so we were sent to L&D, where we were told that we had to spend 24 hours there. This was not the plan, since we purposefully scheduled the admit date on the weekend so that Nick wouldn't have to take a day off to move in all my stuff! By 1:30, however, we were told that we could "check in" to our room. Another surprise when we got up there- nurses told me I was on bedrest and could only go to the bathrom! Not at all what the dr's had told me! So needless to say, Sunday was FRUSTRATING. Saw the Dr the next day and he said that I could take a shower- he wrote "bathroom privelages" in the orders, and he said "the shower IS in the bathroom, right?" So we got that cleared up. I was still confused though why I wasn't allowed to walk around- I mean I had been ok to work with no restrictions! I asked this question to the perinatologist (which I see 1x/week @ the sonograms) what the reason was for bedrest and she explained it was if you were in preterm labor, or your cervix was shrinking. OK, I said, why am I only allowed to go to the bathroom if none of this is happening currently to me? She didn't see any reason why I wasn't allowed to walk...geez...So she wrote a "note" in my chart, which I have since learned, doesn't necessarily mean a dr actually wrote the note! So, after 3 days of getting this verbally ok'd by the dr, the nurses FINALLY saw it written in the orders and didn't act all nervous if they found me up and around in my room! So, this week things have started to get straightened out. Now all we have to do is work on getting more sleep- nurse comes in at 10pm to give me my pills, midnight to do vitals, 4am to do vitals and 45 min monitoring (which can actually take almost an hour and a half or more), then the resident comes in between 6-7, then a.m. nurses around 8. Soooo thats fun, but I guess its "getting me ready for babies" as people say...however, I'm pretty sure no one else had to get themselves ready for babies and be woken up 100 times a night BEFORE the baby came!

No comments:

Post a Comment