Birthday Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 25, 2010

My plan was to update this a little more often, so I apologize to those who are checking and looking for new information. However, I am glad that nothing really significant has happened over the past week...at this point, uneventful is good! The days seem to go by surprisingly fast, I can't believe that on Sunday, I will have been here 3 weeks already! I have had a ton of visitors which have helped the time go by as well (thanks everyone)! Friday night friends came for pizza and wings and we ended up playing games - I felt "normal" for about 6 hours :) Tuesday, the babies reached 27 weeks, which is one week closer to our first big milestone~28weeks!

A quick update with the sleeping situation (from my last post). The overnight nurse did the scan at 6:15am however, the day nurse took me off the monitor. I typically go back on around 10am, so when it got to be 1:00, I asked what time they were going to put me on. The nurse replied that they weren't going to do the day scan, because the one at 6:15 counted as the day time one. (WHAT!?!?!?!) I was shocked and, in retrospect, should have just told them I wanted them to do it anyway, but I didn't and just waited for my dr to come later that afternoon. When I told him what happened he was LIVID! I'm glad, though...why else am I stuck here if they aren't going to monitor me? So this event spawned a "strict" monitoring schedule ordered by my doctor. Every shift still comes to ask me when I would like it, except day shift (who, i believe, got their a#@*& handed to them) - they come to do it right at 10am, no matter what! So that situation is MUCH better- I sleep from 10ish-4:30ish without interruption, phew...

Monday morning I had my glucose test (at 5am - ick), and failed it :( So tuesday morning I had the three hour one. So, I felt pretty crappy those two days...The three hour one was bad enough, however the secretary sent my last vile of blood down to the lab with the wrong name on it...So, they had to take another vile (the 6th vile of the morning!!). However, I had already eaten breakfast by the time they caught it. I thought I was doomed for a restricted diet and finger pricks for the remainder of my stay, however the results came back ok! I knew my "normal" sugars would have been fine, but since I've been here, everyone has been bringing me yummy treats that I HAVE to eat (all at once, not that i'm complaining) and the beverages you can order with your hospital meal are pop or juice, so I have been drinking pop like its my job...I typically don't even drink pop, especially the full sugar version! So now I'm just trying to not eat sugar ALL day, just part of the day ;)

I had a sonogram on Wednesday and the doctors said the babies looked good. Weights were 2lbs 9oz and 2lbs 6oz...I looked up mean weights for gestational age of 27 weeks and most of the information I found said they should be around 2.2 lbs! So it seems like we're right on track. Dr's seemed shocked that they were that big! We also had our NICU tour on Wednesday, and everyone there seems very nice and supportive. I found it comforting that they have a suite that they let you stay in for a couple of nights before they send the babies home. They use this to let you have a trial run managing the babies and any equipment that they are being sent home with by yourself - and if you have problems, the nurses are just across the hall.

Got to eat Panera today and Nick is bringing me DQ later (more sugar, oops)! Funny how little things are so exciting now :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you updated & things are uneventful! Like you said, uneventful is KEY! I talked with Alison last week and thought I could possibly come up for game night but who was I kidding??? If only I still lived in B-lo. I am glad you were able to feel "normal" again. Also, happy to hear that Lauren came up for the weekend! That is awesome! It sounds as though things are going okay...I am so proud of you & Nick for taking all of this in stride. You guys really do amaze me! These girls are so lucky to have such great parents that already love them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! I'll will talk to you soon!! Happy thoughts sent you way!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete